Monday 7 February 2011

CNX 2011 - Day #01

I know I never got round to finishing my report about my trip to Chiang Mai in 2008, but here I am about to attempt to write again about Chiang Mai, but this time I shall start anew with my latest trip this year! This time, I shall take a solemn oath to finish blogging about this most memorable trip as it is truly something worth writing about. (then perhaps I shall try to write about my other small trips which are really piling up in the hard disk)

So, off I went again to Chiang Mai, this time finally with my family and a friend. We flew Thai Airways which served us cold meals on board which were alright but we missed having warm food actually. I felt so excited as the plane landed at Chiang Mai International Airport as it has always been my dream to go back there - again, and again, and again.

After meeting up with our hospitable Thai friend, we set off straightaway for our first destination: Doi Angkhang. We had a brief stop for a late lunch at Chiang Dao town - good food! By the time we reached our accommodation for the next three nights, the sun was slowly sinking behind the hills. But! That did not stop us from getting to work immediately once all the luggage was heaved into the rooms.

Within just half an hour, we were duly entertained by the male Rufous-bellied Niltava Niltava sundara and a White-capped Water-Redstart Chaimarrornis leucocephalus. I believe that most birdwatchers who have been to Baan Luang Resort can identify the bird perches without a sweat.

Such a gem in the forest.
Even though it's fairly common in Thailand, none of us could resist.
The Niltava was more shy and would usually perch among the bamboo plants, eyeing us cautiously before deciding to come down to feed. The River Chat on the other hand just came and went as it pleased, even occasionally chasing off the Niltava. Between breaks it would sometimes take a dip in the nearby stream.

After that, a sumptuous dinner of tomyam soup and mushrooms being the highlights and then off to bed! A rather quick yet satisfying end to Day One.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a feather