Friday 20 August 2010

Glass Hazards

Just after lectures today as I was walking out from my faculty building, I noticed a bird on the ground outside the glass windows. As curious as I always am, I had to take a look at it even though I was in a hurry to go for lunch.

At first, before I reached it, I thought it was a sparrow as it appeared brownish. But as I got closer, I got confused as to what it was! I think my eyes and mind were not working properly after being drilled by lectures the whole morning. Finally I realized that it was a Peaceful Dove Geopelia striata, and it was a juvenile as the markings were still rather dull.

Unfortunately, I had no proper camera with me at that time. But I just had to take a picture of it for the record. So I whipped out my mobile phone which has a simple camera and stepped closer to the poor bird. When I was just within a foot of it, it flew off!

Such a pity that I couldn't get a picture of it. Anyway, I just hope that it recovered well enough to fly away safely. Now that I think of it, I guess it might have hit the glass windows of the building and plopped down to the ground, too dazed to fly away. I do not remember noticing any signs of injury, so I just hope that it's alright already.

Until now, I still haven't found enough time to write about my holiday trips! Even though my term just started, it's a new year and everything is new again.

Got to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a feather